Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tennis spotlight!

I started playing tennis when I was around the age of 7 at a local tennis camp that many of my family members attended for years and established a name for themselves. It was "necessary" that I too learn how to play tennis, and Sportsmans Tennis Club was my introduction to the world of tennis that I would soon learn to love. In addition to learning how to play tennis I also became very interested in it as a whole, looking into the skills of different players. SO this week, I have decided to put the spotlight on two of my favorite tennis players. I decided to pick a both a female and a male just to have a balance. My favorite female tennis player would have to be, of course, Serena Williams! My favorite male tennis player is Roger Federer. 


Serena Williams 
BornSeptember 26, 1981 (age 31)
Weight155 lbs (70 kg)
Height5' 9" (1.75 m)
Serena Williams' performance is like no other! It's always amazing to watch her play. Every match that she plays she plays like it's her first and her career depends on it, and it just shows her dedication to the game. If she wanted to she could stop, but she decides to continue for the love of the game. 


BornAugust 8, 1981 (age 32)
Height6' 1" (1.85 m)
I love to watch Roger Federer because he's a strong tennis player, and he makes it look so effortless. Most people have a hard time getting their backhands (don't worry, I'll explain later) down and he's able to hit a one hand backhand, and with precision, and strength, it's amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment